This Thanksgiving I have a lot to be thankful for! This school year has probably been the best school year of college. It hasn’t been easy. There have been hard times, but overall it has been a pretty great year!
I think it’s important that we take the time to reflect on what God has done for us. If we think about all the blessings that God has given us, then it’ll give us a new perspective. It helps to be grateful for all we have instead of complaining about what we don’t have.
This Thanksgiving I challenge you to make a list of all that you are thankful for! I’m going to write about the top 6 things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving, and I challenge you to do the same thing! Feel free to comment the top 6 things you’re thankful for!
Here is my top 6:
- Liberty University- I am extremely thankful to be at a school that I absolutely love! As I walk around campus I can’t help but thank God that he gave me the opportunity to go to Liberty. There are always things to do for fun. Liberty has taught me a lot, and has given me opportunities that I wouldn’t have most places.
- My Church- I currently attend Brentwood Church in Virginia. I am thankful to go to a church that values development. I have been in the development program as an intern for almost a year and a half. My faith and relationship with Christ has drastically improved since I started going to Brentwood. Every week there is something new I am learning. I also believe that many of the people at Brentwood have become my extended family and or my closest friends in Lynchburg.
- Family- I am so thankful for my parents and brother! I wouldn’t be nearly the woman I am today without my family’s love and support. I wouldn’t trade my family for any other family! I could be writing all day to say all the things I love about each member of my family, but I’ll limit myself to just a sentence about what I love about each member. I love that my mom is my best friend, and she is the one I talk to the most in my life. I love that my dad work countless hours to provide for our family. I love that my brother supports, protects, and encourages me.
- Friends- I am thankful for ALL the friends that God has blessed me with! I can’t even start to list all my friends that I am thankful for, because I am truly blessed in the friend department. I am thankful for the friends I have had for years or the ones I have only known for couple months. If you know me personally, then consider yourself a part of this category!
- Jesus Christ- Jesus Christ isn’t the first in this list, but He is the number one thing that I am thankful for! I am so thankful that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, and that he took the pain for me so I can go to Heaven. I also couldn’t imagine living my life without Christ or God. I have seen many miracles in my life that I can’t help but give God the credit for.
- Health- I don’t have nearly perfect health. If you know me then you might be surprised to see this on my thankful list. Though this year God has been teaching me how blessed I am in the health department. All my organs are working properly, and that I even could wake up this morning is a blessing. I have also seen God use what I used to consider health problems to further his kingdom, which is an awesome feeling to have. This shows me that God can use EVERYTHING (even the bad) in our life for His glory if you allow Him to!
- “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” ~1 Chronicles 16:34 NIV
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him” ~John 3:16-17 NIV
- “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” ~1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV
- “I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy” ~Philippians 1:3-4 NIV
Feel free to Comment below, or email me at: email@example.com
Want to know when a new blog is posted? Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you have a WordPress account, follow!
Lastly, feel free to Share on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Use the hashtag: #matthew712girl to let me know you are viewing it!