God has been pressing on my heart a few things since the beginning of the year. I have been asked “What is one word that describes your goal for 2017?” I never really thought about what my word would be before. But the first word that came to mind is “present”. I want to focus on the circumstances God has given me. I feel like I need to slow down and focus on what God is doing in my life now. I know I have a tendency to always focus on the future. I’m very goal driven. I like to see what God is going to do long term.
The second word that pops up into my head very quickly once I was thinking of a word is “direction”. I know this might seem contradictory to what I just said. I know I need to slow down. But I feel like if I slow down and focus on what God wants me to do now, then he will show insight and direction on what I need to do in the future.
Now I know I am only a few weeks into the calendar year, but I can already tell God really showing up and growing me with being present and having direction. I have seen my attitude change. I have found myself more uplifted. I feel like I am not being bogged down with the weight of the world. I don’t need to focus on my plans for the future as much as I thought I do. There is a scripture about God taking care of the birds, and how much more he can take care of us. That he created us in his image.
Another thing I realized since I stopped to slow down is that God has a plan for every gift he places in my life. That he isn’t just doing things by chance or unintentionally. He doing these things for a purpose. That things that might seem like an inconvenience right now could be used for a greater good, and that he has potential for these things to be for my good.
It’s cool to see how God can work in just a short amount of time, but I can’t wait to see what he can do if I focus on this the whole year! I know the God I serve is a great counselor, and he has the potential to do great things in my life and in yours if you allow him to work in your life.
- “Fear of the LORD is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.” ~Proverbs 1:7 NLT
- “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”~Matthew 6:26
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” ~Matthew 11:28
- “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” ~James 1:17
- “The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.”~ 1 John 2:17
I would Love to hear from you!
Feel free to Comment below, or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know when a new blog is posted? Email me at: email@example.com, or if you have a WordPress account, follow!
Lastly, feel free to Share on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Use the hashtag: #matthew712girl to let me know you are viewing it!